the new Walmart officially began on Friday after town supervisor Scott
Carlsen broke ground with Councilman Dan Johnson, Terry Houck, Steve
Bradley and John Gavaris.
- The 132,000 ft.² $8 million Walmart supercenter has a projected opening date at the former Napanoch Valley Mall site around June 2013.
- Work on the retail plaza for the existing four Mall businesses still in operation to begin within one week.
- The Napanoch post office should be able to move into the new building by October 1, with the Chinese restaurant, gift shop and liquor store relocating in November.
- Once the existing businesses have left asbestos can be removed and the building can be torn down.
- The Walmart should provide between 200-250 full- and part-time jobs starting at more than $10 per hour creating the largest number "new" jobs in Wawarsing in 20 years.